Need to take a break?
There are times in life when we're unable to continue with massage practice, such as maternity leave or ill health, but would still like to remain an MTI member. Or perhaps you have recently graduated, and you aren’t sure yet whether you want to go forward with massage practice.
As a non-practising member, you don't need to complete CPD and can still join MTI events at the membership price. However, you won't be able to practice on members of the public or be covered by insurance.
Non-practising membership is £30 per year. When your membership is due for renewal, you can choose it from the list of options on the join or renew page.
As a non-practicing member, you are entitled to the following benefits:
- CPD and networking: access to free or heavily subsidised CPD and networking events organised by your regional team
- Support: we pride ourselves on how we support our members. With regional groups and a friendly admin team you're surrounded by people who are able to give you help and advice
- Your own member area on the website, including access to resources such as Ask the Expert and research summaries
- Membership of the private MTI Facebook group so you can stay connected with the MTI community.
As a non-practicing member, you understand and accept:
- Your details will not appear on the public online directory
- You cannot promote yourself as an MTI member, this includes use of the logo
- You are not covered to practise on members of the public and you cannot obtain insurance.
Contact the membership office if you have any questions.