The 2011 Conference’s theme was 3D Massage – Dedication, Development and Diversity. The three ‘Ds’ are something that all MTI Practitioners show in their work. They are dedicated to massage and to giving their best, their continual development is demonstrated in their wide ranging skills and the diversity they have among them means that they each bring something different to their massage work.
It was organised by the Sheffield Centre for Massage Training, led by Principal Vicky Gaughan.
The Keynote Speaker was Wendy Kavanagh who has worked in complementary medicine for many years. It has been a passion of hers to be involved in the progression of Massage Therapy as a profession, and her involvement in the past with the British Massage Therapy Council and currently with the General Council for Massage Therapy, has enabled her to contribute to the self regulation process.
- Stretch Yourself, Stretch your Client (Darien Pritchard) – Website
- Say it with Massage Therapy in Cancer Care (Sue Roebuck)
- The Business you were Born to Create (Nick Williams) – Website
- Indian Head Massage with Integrity (Vicky Gaughan) – Website
- Massage Map Reading (Dror Steiner) – Website
- Creating Safe Space (Lorraine Horton) – Website