Training professional massage therapists with sensitivity, creativity and integrity

Search

Latest news

Would you like massage available on the NHS?

Massage therapist and tutor Tatina Semprini has created a petition to get massage included as a treatment on the NHS.

Although there is still much work to do on research into the benefits of massage, there are already some proveable outcomes. Goverment agency the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) recommends massage as part of a treatment plan for low back pain and Sciatica and is looking into other areas in which massage has proven benefits.

Other complementary therapies such as osteopathy and acunpuncture are available on the NHS and can be prescribed by GPs. Sign here if you would also like massage to be available as a treatment option.

Comments: 7 (Add)

CAPTCHA image
Change image
Jenny on behalf of MTI on January 9 2019 at 10:59

Hi Bobbi - sorry to hear you are in pain. What area do you live in? Some of our schools offer low cost massage clinics. Email me if you would like to know more: marketing@massagetraining.co.uk

Bobbi on January 9 2019 at 09:44

I recently was diagnosed with a chronic pain condition suspected fibromyalgia, I struggle to find the right medicines to help my pain ,I'm always so stiff and extremely sore to the point where some days I just can't get up and about, I think massage therapy could help possibly but I don't have the money to make it part of my daily/ weekly routine.

Jenny on behalf of MTI on January 7 2019 at 12:08

That's awesome Samantha! So great to hear that you had such a positive experience. As therapists we know that these types of treatments can save the NHS and patients so much time, energy and difficulty, here's to more integrated health in 2019.

Samantha on December 28 2018 at 08:37

After a car accident my muscles went into spasms. 2 years later I was looking at surgery on the NHS and on painkillers. My new nhs physiotherapist started massage which helped to the point I didn't need surgery and returned to almost preaccident quality of life

Jenny on behalf of MTI on December 6 2018 at 17:32

So great to hear Christine and April that you are helped by massage. We are working all the time to put our case forward to the NHS, and more and more doctors recognise what great benefits massage can bring. Hopefully not too long away when it will be an integrated part of the health service.

Christine Goodman on December 6 2018 at 17:30

I have fibromyalgia and massage helps enormously please put it on the nhs

Miss April Phillips on July 7 2018 at 09:55

I have a really bad lower pain in my back some mornings it takes me half hr to get out of bed . Anyway i went to Turkey a month ago and had a medical massage and although it was quite painful haveing it Honestly my back was much better for weeks as i say it was a month ago and this last week the pain is back with a vengence. So i would love for it to be available on nhs i, dont know why it is not as it obvously helps people get back to work ect it can only be a good thing .. PLEASE LET MASSAGE TREAMENT available on NHS ..APRIL PHILLIPS......

MTI logo